Breaking News

Puerto Princesa Beach in Palawan, Philippines

A beach near Puerto Princesa in Palawan, Philippines 
This is one of the first batches of infrared photos I have taken. I was using an old Fuji FinePix S602 (unmodified) prosumer digital camera with a cut up Hoya R72 gelatin filter. As you can see from the ghosting of the people in the frame, this was taken with a rather slow shutter speed since there's not much infrared that passes through (because of the cameras built-n hot mirror filter that blocks infrared). This is my very first set-up and served me well for my early experiments before I "graduated" to glass filters. I also had no way of doing manual focus so the resulting image seems blurry. The grainy aspect may be a result of the poor low light performance of the sensor.

Camera: Fuji FinePix S60 (unmodified)
Filter: Hoya R72 gelatin filter
Shutter speed: 1.4 seconds
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO: 160

No comments